Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Story #2


Tylor Loman

My love for cliff diving and the adrenaline rush fully came into effect when I was 9 years old after breaking my first bone. But it really showed itself when I was 11 years old, in Canada with the boy scouts on a two week trip canoeing threw the great lakes. It was a cold morning on the water and we had been paddling around for about 3 hours or so and the sun was starting to heat everything up so we decided to rest on island and eat some food. While everyone was eating I decided it would be fun to walk around and see what the island had to offer, then I found it the cliff that I wanted to jump off of into the water it soared about 60 feet above the water and man was the view amazing. I went back to the group and told them what I had found and what my plan was, to my surprise everyone was on board so two adults went into the water in their canoe and measured the approximate depth of the water where I was to land. It measured to be approximately 20 feet deep. As the other boys and I lined up to jump the adults would count for the jumper because everyone was nervous. I was the first in line, the rule was to jump on three so I listened, however as soon as I heard one, I leapt from the top and hit the water.  I came up from under the water cheering and shouting at how amazing it felt to do so. I continued doing this for about an hour before we decided to move on and make it to our destination. After that experience I always look for a place to cliff dive or rock climb everywhere I go, so when the Marine Corps said you’re going to japan I knew it was going to be a fun time. I landed on the island of Okinawa Japan in March of 2011 and that is the day the search began to find every cliff I could jump off of and every rock face I could climb. In all I found 6 cliffs that were safe enough to jump off of in the water below but high enough to release those endorphins, along with countless rock faces that we would climb up and down. The best cliff in japan to jump off of stood 105 ft. high and landed in a 50 ft. deep pool of water.

 

 

I landed on the island of Okinawa, japan in March of 2011 and that is the day the search began…. As I started looking for every cliff that I could jump off of and get that adrenaline rush  that would keep my body going and make me happy while fulfilling my dream of jumping off of something everywhere I visited. The only reason I want to travel is to jump off of buildings and chase the next high while visiting places that I have always wanted to see. Arizona was the next big place for me to jump off of high places and into water small bodies of water  until I got the opportunity to jump out of airplanes into water Therese the part about planes it’s not relegate. Arizona had some of the most amazing views and cliffs to jump off of, my buddies that were K9 handlers with me in the marine corps knew some good place that we would take out a boat or some kayaks and on the lakes, we would go down some canals and find little areas to jump off of averaging about 30 feet a cliff in to 10 ft. deep water. When we went back far enough one day we found a chain of cliffs that continued to get more and more deadly as we went along because even as the cliffs got higher the water stayed at the same level of about 30 feet deep deep. If estimated the highest point in which we decided that injury was more likely than fun was about 100 ft. high because let’s face it if you get injured doing that the Military is going to be mad at you.  My plans to travel the country and the world are still in the works but I will continue to jump off cliffs and rock climb, but until that happens I will just jump out of airplanes and find other adrenaline rushes. Many i am really running out of ideas to type and its killing me I’m just acting like that I’m not stopping because this is helping me

No comments:

Post a Comment