Friday, May 1, 2015

  • Which in class writing was your favorite? Why?

  •          My favorite thing about class writing is that the topic's were random even though it was rough for me to start, it was good that the things were completely off the wall topics or words that test your ability to think on the fly and go with the flow. Once I started though I just kept going and it all started to mesh together and that makes me happy because I enjoy writing from time to time.

  • Which in class writing was your least favorite? Why?

  •          My least favorite thing about class writing was the time limits mainly because I didn't get to fully go on with what I was writing once I got going. It takes me awhile to get writing about a topic but once I start, its hard to stop in mid thought so that I think was my least favorite part.

  • Review all your writing chronologically (earliest to latest). List three interesting observations or changes in your writing. Which are the most profound (obvious and important)? Why?

  •      The " This I believe Essay" Is the most important to me because that is a huge part of my life and its a side that most college students don't really get to experience because they go straight to college. I enjoy sharing and talking about all those things I had the ability to experience. Its the ability to actually change someone's life or point of view with my writing that makes this the most important to me.

  • If you could change anything about your writing this semester what would it be? Why?

  •     I would try and change it so I didn't try to turn everything into a funny story, maybe explore a more serious side of things. Everything I wrote made people laugh it felt as though it took away from my creditability and everything. Although I enjoy making people laugh its not always about happiness.

  • What did you like best about this course?

  •           My favorite thing in writing class was writing the big story because I feel as though I don't write well in a short period of time also the people watching activity was pretty fun it made me actually think and work on rearranging words.

  • What did you like least about this course?

  •        My least favorite thing about this course was the free writes because I didn't have to actually think about what I wanted to write. I like to write about stuff that relates to me and given a topic at random makes it hard because I'm trying to focus on writing and not thinking it through.

  • What would you have done differently this semester if you could have a do-over?

  •      Taken my own work more seriously is what I would do-over, yes I did it all and had fun while doing it but sometimes it needs to be serious and focus on that. Instead of joking around constantly I should have been quiet and focused.

  • What did learn about yourself as a student, a thinker, a writer this semester?

  •        I learned that I enjoy writing a lot more than I thought and that it was fun. I learned that I think about of military or law enforcement stuff still and I need to work on not doing so because I am no longer in the military. As for my writing I learned that its either really funny or super dark. there is no in between.

  • What could I, Ms. A., have done differently to improve the course?

  •       Honestly I feel as though the course was good and well laid out. I do however wish we would have talked about the book more. I was looking forward to writing about it more or having a class discussion on the book more in depth than what we did.

       

    1 comment:

    1. Good reflection and thank you for the feedback. I will be taking your comments in to consideration as I plan for the next semester. Have a good summer. ~Ms. A.

      ReplyDelete